Hi, I’m Richard Rutter. I speak at conferences and events all over the world on a range of topics around digital design. I’m particularly passionate about service design, developing design teams, and web typography (which I’ve been evangelising since 2005).
If you’re interested in having me speak at your event please get in touch. I’m equally happy talking at grassroots meet-ups as I am at global conferences.
I’m a designer living in Brighton, UK. In 2005, I co-founded Clearleft, now one of the world’s leading digital design consultancies. Clearleft helps organisations including Virgin Holidays, Penguin Books and British Gas get the most from their products, services and people. I help our team work with clients to create new and improved digital presences through a pragmatic combination of research, delivery and digital transformation.
I have a love and fascination for typography and co-founded Fontdeck, a pioneering web font service. As a self-appointed web typography evangelist, I am chief organiser of Clearleft’s Ampersand web typography conferences. I successfully Kickstarted and self-published a Web Typography book, which is now available as ebook and paperback.
A few years ago I was named as one of Wired UK’s top 100 people shaping the digital world, which was nice.
When not at work, I can be found enjoying life with my family in Brighton, scouring local record shops for vinyl, or riding bicycles up and down hills.
Please feel free to get in touch or download my vCard.
Selected speaking highlights
- Typographic Society of Austria (tga) · February, Vienna, Austria
- Service Design Fringe Festival · November, London, UK
- Generate Conference · September, London, UK
- CSS Day · June, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Web Directions Summit · November, Sydney, Australia
- Kerning · May, Faenza, Italy
- An Event Apart · August, Minneapolis, USA
- ATypI · September, Dublin, Ireland
- Spletne Urice · May, Llubljana, Slovenia
- South by South West Interactive · March, Austin, Texas, USA.