Baselines and vertical rhythm
Interest in Web typography has really picked up over the past year. One subject in particular has piqued people’s interest: vertical rhythm and alignment of baselines. Here’s a compilation of tutorials on the subject, in chronological order:
- Add and delete vertical space in measured intervals on The Elements of Typographic Style Applied to the Web
- Compose to a Vertical Rhythm on 24 Ways
- Type that keeps the beat on Signals vs. Noise
- Setting Type on the Web to a Baseline Grid on A List Apart
- Typography: Baseline Rhythm Deciphered on Sitepoint
Also worth adding to the mix is Eric Meyer’s Unitless line-heights.