I love the new version of TopStyle (Pro 3). Its colour picker is a piece of genius, packed with so many features (all of them useful in their own way), particularly to colour ‘blind’ users such as yours truly.
Permit me step you through the colour picker functions (this may seem like overkill but I didn’t spot them all straightaway so hopefully you’ll find it useful).
- You can specify a palette from which to pick; choices include web-safe, named colours, system colours, Visibone and custom palettes. Colours can be viewed as a list or as a swatch.
- You can pick a colour from anywhere on the screen.
- You can specify colours as RGB and HSL, or from a luminance slider.
- You can set favourite colours.
- When a colour is selected, you can select its complimentary (inverse) colour, the nearest web safe colour or a range of harmonious colours.
The latter feature is particularly valuable to me as I can’t trust my judgement with respect to choosing harmonious colours; at least colours that are harmonious to anyone other than myself!