Clagnut

Menu

Pixelsurgeon cured

§ Web standards · Design thinking

So taken was I with Pixelsurgeon’s invalid plight (as mentioned in the previous post) that I decided to rebuild the interview page using meaningful XHTML and CSS for all layout and presentation.

The markup now validates to XHTML 1.0 and is much more useful, employing headings for headings, paragraphs for paragraphs, lists for both the top navigation and the sidebar, and a <dl> definition list for the interview itself. I’ve also replaced the JavaScript driven top navigation with a pure CSS solution. Due to the clean nature of the design, the whole rebuild only took a couple of hours (I’ve only tested on Mozilla and IE6 on Windows mind you).